We have the safety of all our staff, students and their family as our first priority.
We are following the Government Guidelines:
As these are changing frequently, we will be adapting accordingly.
As it stands, each class forms a “bubble”. If there is anyone who tests positive, parents will be informed about this, but the bubble will not close until further notice.
We have also put in place a system of protective measures:
– We have put in place a “one way” system to go in and out of the building, and we are limiting the number of visitors/parents in Reception at any one time to 1.
– We have installed hand sanitisers throughout the building. Children are encouraged to use their own on arrival, before eating their snacks during their break and at any point when it is deemed necessary.
– We are ensuring a good hygiene by promoting “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it.” Students should come with their own pack of tissues and their own supply of hand sanitiser.
– We are restricting the movements of any individual during the lesson in order to minimise contact with individuals and maintain social distancing.
– We have undergone training with all members of staff on our Covid-19 Keep Safe procedures and continue to follow these guidelines. We have maintained an emphasis on good hygiene practices and social distancing.
– We are asking students to bring their own pencil case with various coloured pens; a pencil; ruler; eraser; some highlighters; because we will not be sharing any equipment. Students should also bring their own hand sanitiser and tissues.
– We have enhanced cleaning the classrooms at the end of every session, as well as frequently touched surfaces, using Anti-viral standard products.
– We have had our Air-con system “Covid – approved.”
We are aware that in this confusing time, this can be worrying for everyone. We are trying our best to keep the well-being of all students, staff and parents to continue creating our motivating learning environment.
KEEPING SAFE IS OUR PRIORITY
Any staff, student, close family member or visitor who has coronavirus symptoms must not attend any of our centres and must isolate at home.
Should your child feel unwell with Covid symptoms:
Following the same Government guidance as the schools, parents/carers understand that they will need to be ready and willing to:
– book a test if they or their child are displaying symptoms. Staff and pupils must not come into the school if they have symptoms and must be sent home to self-isolate if they develop them in school. All children can be tested, including children under 5, but children aged 11 and under will need to be helped by their parents/carers if using a home testing kit
– provide details of anyone they or their child have been in close contact with if they were to test positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) or if asked by NHS Test and Trace
– self-isolate if they have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), or if anyone in their household develops symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
Anyone who displays symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) can and should get a test. Tests can be booked online through the NHS testing and tracing for coronavirus website, or ordered by telephone via NHS 119 for those without access to the internet. Essential workers, which includes anyone involved in education or childcare, have priority access to testing.
Schools / Tuition Academy Ltd. will ask parents and staff to inform them immediately of the results of a test and follow this guidance.
1. If someone tests negative, if they feel well and no longer have symptoms similar to coronavirus (COVID-19), they can stop self-isolating. They could still have another virus, such as a cold or flu – in which case it is still best to avoid contact with other people until they are better. Other members of their household can stop self-isolating.
2. If someone tests positive, they should follow the guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection and must continue to self-isolate for at least 10 days from the onset of their symptoms and then return to school only if they do not have symptoms other than cough or loss of sense of smell/taste. This is because a cough or anosmia can last for several weeks once the infection has gone. The 10-day period starts from the day when they first became ill. If they still have a high temperature, they should keep self-isolating until their temperature returns to normal. Other members of their household should continue self-isolating for the full 14 days.
Tuition Academy Ltd. is making every effort to keep our sites open during this time. Should there be a need for closure, the decision will be made by the directors of the company on the grounds of safety. All staff and parents will be informed should this unlikely event occur. In such cases, our Facebook page will be updated; an email or text will be sent; and notices will be posted on our website.
At Tuition Academy, we are passionate about helping all students reach their full potential with our high quality, ability-based affordable tuition in Medway and Maidstone. We deliver results-driven learning using a structured scheme of works in line with the National Curriculum.Read more
Tuition Academy provides 11 Plus tuition in Medway and Maidstone covering the entire spectrum of English, Maths, Verbal, Non-Verbal, and Spatial Reasoning required for both the Kent and the Medway 11 Plus Tests.
Our experienced specialist teachers use a structured and engaging approach to ensure your child is ready for the test and well equipped for grammar or independent school success.More details
We offer comprehensive and results-driven English tuition at our centres in Maidstone and Medway for Key Stages 1-4, including 11 Plus, SATs, and GCSE exam preparation.
Students are taught by experienced specialist teachers, using a structured scheme of works in line with the National Curriculum. Small, ability-based classes and a positive, engaging environment enable students to strengthen their subject knowledge and achieve their target grades while learning at a manageable pace.More details
We offer comprehensive and results-driven Maths tuition at our centres in Maidstone and Medway for Key Stages 1-4 and A-level, including 11 Plus, SATs, GCSE, AS and A2 exam preparation.
Classes are led by professional teachers using a structured scheme of works in line with the National Curriculum. Small, ability-based classes and a positive, engaging environment enable students to strengthen their subject knowledge and achieve their target grades while learning at a manageable pace.More details
Science tuition at our centres in Maidstone and Medway includes the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics, taught at Key Stage 3 and GCSE levels.
Our weekly 2-hour classes are designed to support students’ school learning and teach them the essential aspects of the knowledge, methods, processes, and uses of Science.More details
We offer Physics tuition at our centres in Medway and Maidstone, starting from Year 7 as part of the Science National Curriculum and progressing towards A-level Physics as a standalone subject.
Our specialist teachers are passionate about Physics and know how to help students master difficult scientific concepts. We use a structured, clear, and engaging approach, encouraging participation and questions. Our teaching assistants have advanced subject knowledge and provide one-to-one assistance if a student is struggling with a particular topic.More details
Chemistry tuition at our centres in Medway and Maidstone includes Key Stage 3 and GCSE as part of the Science curriculum, advancing to A-level Chemistry as a standalone subject.
Grasping complex scientific concepts can be difficult – that’s why our classes are taught by specialist teachers with a passion for the subject. Our clear, structured, and engaging approach is effective in helping students secure and apply even the most challenging aspects of Chemistry. Our teaching assistants have advanced subject knowledge and provide one-to-one assistance if a student is struggling with a particular topic.More details
We offer Biology tuition at our Medway and Maidstone centres, including Key Stage 3 and GCSE as part of the Science curriculum, and A-level as a standalone subject.
Scientific concepts can be difficult to grasp, and our specialist teachers are experts at presenting them in a clear, structured, and engaging manner. Our teaching assistants have advanced Biology knowledge and are on hand to provide one-to-one assistance to students, struggling with a particular subject area.More details