1. Learn and memorise the definitions sheets you have been completing for homework. Learn the definitions for every word, as well as the synonym/antonym as this helps with the quick questions in the Verbal Reasoning section of the exam.
2. Read books every day. These can be fictional stories; or a non-fiction autobiography about a favourite footballer; or even an encyclopedia about the Roman Empire. The most important thing is that students are reading! When they’ve finished reading, ask questions about what they’ve read. This improves comprehension ready for the tricky questions in the 11+ exam.
3. Write a diary entry regularly about one day of the week, focusing on describing what happened. Don’t forget to plan, have a clear structure and use the techniques students have been taught. The focus is not on what is written, but how it’s written.
4. Set regular writing tasks at home under a time limit to help your child improve their speed and the pressure of writing under a time limit. Questions can be found in our 11+ Creative Writing Tips and Tricks booklet given to every student or we have an 11+ Extended Writing Practice Course available if you wish.
5. With all subjects and our classwork and homework tasks, if a score is 70% or lower, this is a topic that needs to be revised before the exam. Read through any helpful tips written up in classwork books that help with new topics.
6. There are a multitude of workbooks and helpful resources available to practise at home. Ten-minute test books are a great way to practice speed. In addition, there are also many low-cost and free 11+ apps available for tablets and phones to help learning be more fun and interactive.
Prepare, practise, pass with Tuition Academy
At Tuition Academy, we are passionate about helping all students reach their full potential with our high quality, ability-based affordable tuition in Medway and Maidstone. We deliver results-driven learning using a structured scheme of works in line with the National Curriculum.Read more
Tuition Academy provides 11 Plus tuition in Medway and Maidstone covering the entire spectrum of English, Maths, Verbal, Non-Verbal, and Spatial Reasoning required for both the Kent and the Medway 11 Plus Tests.
Our experienced specialist teachers use a structured and engaging approach to ensure your child is ready for the test and well equipped for grammar or independent school success.More details
We offer comprehensive and results-driven English tuition at our centres in Maidstone and Medway for Key Stages 1-4, including 11 Plus, SATs, and GCSE exam preparation.
Students are taught by experienced specialist teachers, using a structured scheme of works in line with the National Curriculum. Small, ability-based classes and a positive, engaging environment enable students to strengthen their subject knowledge and achieve their target grades while learning at a manageable pace.More details
We offer comprehensive and results-driven Maths tuition at our centres in Maidstone and Medway for Key Stages 1-4 and A-level, including 11 Plus, SATs, GCSE, AS and A2 exam preparation.
Classes are led by professional teachers using a structured scheme of works in line with the National Curriculum. Small, ability-based classes and a positive, engaging environment enable students to strengthen their subject knowledge and achieve their target grades while learning at a manageable pace.More details
Science tuition at our centres in Maidstone and Medway includes the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics, taught at Key Stage 3 and GCSE levels.
Our weekly 2-hour classes are designed to support students’ school learning and teach them the essential aspects of the knowledge, methods, processes, and uses of Science.More details
We offer Physics tuition at our centres in Medway and Maidstone, starting from Year 7 as part of the Science National Curriculum and progressing towards A-level Physics as a standalone subject.
Our specialist teachers are passionate about Physics and know how to help students master difficult scientific concepts. We use a structured, clear, and engaging approach, encouraging participation and questions. Our teaching assistants have advanced subject knowledge and provide one-to-one assistance if a student is struggling with a particular topic.More details
Chemistry tuition at our centres in Medway and Maidstone includes Key Stage 3 and GCSE as part of the Science curriculum, advancing to A-level Chemistry as a standalone subject.
Grasping complex scientific concepts can be difficult – that’s why our classes are taught by specialist teachers with a passion for the subject. Our clear, structured, and engaging approach is effective in helping students secure and apply even the most challenging aspects of Chemistry. Our teaching assistants have advanced subject knowledge and provide one-to-one assistance if a student is struggling with a particular topic.More details
We offer Biology tuition at our Medway and Maidstone centres, including Key Stage 3 and GCSE as part of the Science curriculum, and A-level as a standalone subject.
Scientific concepts can be difficult to grasp, and our specialist teachers are experts at presenting them in a clear, structured, and engaging manner. Our teaching assistants have advanced Biology knowledge and are on hand to provide one-to-one assistance to students, struggling with a particular subject area.More details